We're looking for a technical team lead based in Canterbury, ideally with eight or more years commercial experience.
We're strong believers in open source - our core platforms are Angular, React, Drupal, Laravel, Symfony, WordPress and Node. We deliver projects for our clients and for our in-house innovation labs.
If you can inspire a delivery team, have a passion for technical excellence and have the communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with our clients, then this could be a great role for you.
- Developing innovative, high quality technical solutions
- Building relationships with clients and helping them to achieve their goals
- Using your insight to plan and drive project delivery in iterative time boxes (sprints)
- Giving code and experience back to open source communities
- Research new technologies and ways of delivering projects
- Presenting and rationalising your work internally and to our clients.
- Maintaining the high quality technical standards for all the agency’s output.
- Guiding the team in your area of technical specialism
Who we're looking for - the "must-haves"
- At least eight years demonstrable on-the-job experience in commercial software development
- At least two of these years with demonstrable on-the-job experience as a Lead Developer within a software delivery team
- A genuine passion for our culture and our approach.
- Great written and face to face communication skills
- An ability to translate complex client requirements into a deliverable plan
- Having the interpersonal skills necessary to motivate an Agile cross-disciplinary project team for success
- A commitment to learning our core platforms to our high standards
- A dedication to coding excellence and continuous personal development
Who we're looking for - the "nice-to-haves"
You’ll have ...
- Worked with a good range of third party APIs
- Experience of software delivery using an Agile methodology
- Familiarity with automated deployment systems
- Familiarity using test frameworks
- Experience of planning and monitoring software delivery using Jira
- An Agile certification
- Certified PHP Engineer
- Certified Drupal Developer
- Contributions to, or stewardship of, an open source project
- Presented at tech meet-ups or conferences
Salary and benefits
Deeson operates a transparent approach to pay and reward. We do this because we believe that pay setting and pay progression should be fair, open and based on the impact team members have in our business.
You can read more about this and see the current salary scales for all roles at Deeson in our team handbook.
The starting salary for this role will be from £40,800.
You can see how initial salaries are set for new team members joining Deeson here.
We have a "no negotiation" policy on salaries to ensure that starting salaries are set fairly and not on a candidate's ability or desire to negotiate.
Other benefits of working at Deeson include: