We're recruiting for Senior Developers based in our Canterbury office, ideally with five or more years commercial experience.
We're strong believers in open source - our core platforms are Angular, React, Drupal, Laravel, Symfony, WordPress and Node. We deliver projects for our clients and for our in-house innovation labs.
If you believe in technical excellence and have the communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with Deeson colleagues and directly with our clients, then this could be a great role for you.
- Developing innovative, high quality technical solutions that really do the job
- Building relationships with clients and helping them to achieve their goals
- Using your insight to help plan and drive project delivery
- Leading the team in your technical specialism
- Giving code and experience back to the open source community
- Research new technologies and ways of delivering projects
- Presenting and rationalising your work internally and to our clients.
- Maintaining and championing high quality technical standards for all the agency’s output.
- Turning client requirements into technical specifications
Who we're looking for - the "must-haves"
- At least five years demonstrable on-the-job experience of commercial development
- A commitment to learning our core platforms to our high standards
- A dedication to coding excellence and continuous personal development
- A genuine passion for our culture and our approach.
- Great written and face to face communication skills
- An ability to work well in a cross-disciplinary project team
Who we're looking for - the "nice-to-haves"
- You’ll have got your hands dirty with a good range of third party APIs
- Experience of delivery using an Agile software methodology
- Contributed code to an Open Source project
- Presented at tech meet-ups or conferences
- Linux command line and server administration skills
- Familiarity with automated deployment systems
- Familiarity using test frameworks such as PHPUnit or Behat
- Familiarity using Symfony components
- Familiarity with the Laravel framework
- Have used Docker in local development
- Certified PHP Engineer
- Certified Drupal Developer
- Certified Laravel Developer
Salary and benefits
Deeson operates a transparent approach to pay and reward. We do this because we believe that pay setting and pay progression should be fair, open and based on the impact team members have in our business.
You can read more about this and see the current salary scales for all roles at Deeson in our team handbook.
The starting salary for this role will be from £32,000.
You can see how initial salaries are set for new team members joining Deeson here.
We have a "no negotiation" policy on salaries to ensure that starting salaries are set fairly and not on a candidate's ability or desire to negotiate.
Other benefits of working at Deeson include: